Winsford Industrial Estate
The Estate is located in the heart of Cheshire, and borders idyllic countryside whilst offering excellent transport links, with the M6 motorway and major A-roads linking the estate with Merseyside, Chester and North Wales.
Winsford Industrial Estate is the UK’s first Green Business Park and first industrial Business Improvement District in the UK. As such it has benefitted from significant environmental improvements. It is an extremely well established industrial estate and has a first rate mixture of properties available, ranging from professional start up business incubator units to large manufacturing, warehouse and logistics facilities. Nearly 4000 people are currently employed on the estate in a variety of professions, ranging from food manufacturing, chemical supplies, packaging and engineering.
The majority of expansion land is immediately available, and will support the prosperity of an already thriving industrial estate. The draft Winsford Transport Strategy due to be published in Spring 2016 highlights Winsford Industrial Estate as a place for high growth therefore proposals for linkages to M6 and the sub regions are being prioritised.
- Overall developable land — 75 acres (30 Hectares)
- Site owner — Mixed Ownership - Predominantly Local Authority
- Planning authority — Cheshire West and Chester Council
- Major local companies — Henkel, Advanced Medical Solutions, H&M distribution
- Developers — Cheshire West & Chester Regeneration, Private Sector